Seek Compensation for Your Accident Due to Distracted Driving
Distracted driving has become one of the most common causes of automobile accidents in recent years, leading to devastating consequences for victims and their families. With the widespread use of smartphones and other technology, it’s easier than ever for drivers to become distracted and take their attention off the road. If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident caused by a distracted driver, it’s important to seek legal representation from a skilled Elkhart IN distracted driving attorney.
At Wilson & Kinsman LLC, we have a team of experienced attorneys who are skilled in helping clients who have been injured in distracted driving accidents. We understand the complexities of these cases and work tirelessly to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve.
Remember, distracted driving is not just dangerous – it’s also illegal. If you or a loved one have been injured in a distracted driving accident, don’t wait to take legal action. Contact our distracted driving attorneys in Elkhart, Indiana today for a consultation.
Why Do I Need A Distracted Driving Attorney In Elkhart IN?
Distracted driving accidents can be complex, and it’s important to have an experienced legal team on your side. At Wilson and Kinsman LLC, the attorney’s extensive experience handling distracted driving accidents can help you get the compensation you need. Whether it’s negotiating with insurance companies or taking your case to trial, a lawyer will be by your side every step of the way.
The Elkhart IN law firm’s personal injury attorney can help you in a host of ways, such as
- Personalized Consultations. The attorney understands that not all situations are the same, which is why they are committed to providing customized solutions in order to get the best possible results.
- Quality Representation. Regardless of whether you’re facing a personal injury case or a criminal offense, an Elkhart IN attorney is present to represent you in court and ensure your side of the story is heard.
If you’re suffering from injuries as a result of a distracted driving accident or are in need of a defense attorney, getting in touch with Wilson and Kinsman LLC is the best course of action. We can help guide you through the legal process and work tirelessly to protect your rights and secure a favorable outcome. Don’t wait – contact our Elkhart, IN law firm today to schedule a consultation.
What is Distracted Driving in Elkhart IN?
Distracted driving in Elkhart In involves driving while performing any activity that could potentially distract a driver from the primary task of operating a vehicle is considered distracted driving. In theory, it could be anything that distracts a driver’s mind from driving or takes their eyes off the road.
“Distracted driving” refers to numerous activities. Device distractions, such as driving while texting or using a cell phone, have been the focus of numerous new laws. If you have been involved in a distracted driving accident in Elkhart IN, know that the best course of action is to reach out to a seasoned attorney who can help you with your case.
What are the Rules for Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving is a serious issue in Indiana and can lead to devastating consequences for drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. In an effort to combat this problem, Indiana has implemented laws that prohibit certain activities while driving.
Indiana law prohibits drivers from using a handheld electronic device to send, receive, or read a text message or email while driving. It is also illegal to use a handheld device to browse the internet or use social media while driving. However, drivers are still allowed to make phone calls while driving as long as they are using a hands-free device.
In addition to electronic device use, Indiana law prohibits other activities that take a driver’s attention away from the road, such as eating, drinking, grooming, reading, or adjusting vehicle settings. If these activities cause a driver to swerve, brake suddenly, or engage in other dangerous behaviors, they may be considered distracted driving.
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by a distracted driver in Indiana, it’s important to seek legal representation from an experienced attorney. They can help you understand the specific laws in Indiana and work to hold the negligent driver accountable for their actions. Contact a distracted driving attorney in Elkhart, Indiana to discuss your case and explore your legal options.
What Are The Penalties for Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving is considered a traffic violation, meaning that police officers can apprehend a driver who is driving while distracted. Officers can consider this a secondary ticket if there are other offenses like driving without a seatbelt and speeding.
The following tackle the penalties involved in distracted driving:
- Fines. Many circumstances affect the outcome of a distracted driving case and determine the fines for distracted driving tickets. Distracted driving results in a fine of up to $500. The fines rise with every succeeding offense.
- Demerit Points. Numerous states have license demerit systems that keep track of a driver’s points for traffic violations. License suspension may occur if plenty of points are accrued. A ticket for distracted driving may result in demerit points being added to your driving record, depending on your state.
- License Suspension. A distracted driving offense can result in additional fines for drivers with a learner’s permit or provisional license. Before obtaining an unrestricted driver’s license, novice drivers in most states must be free of any traffic violations for three to twelve months.
How is Negligence Proven in a Distracted Driving Case?
Even if someone else causes an accident, using mobile devices is still considered dangerous. Handheld phones are considered “contributory” or “comparative” negligence if the driver is struck by another person. Negligent behavior on the end of the plaintiff can prevent them from obtaining compensation.
Evidence of phone calls and messages sent or accessed close to the time of an accident becomes crucial in many lawsuits related to auto accidents because cell phone records detail when and how people use mobile devices.
In order to prove negligence in an auto accident case involving distracted driving, know that the best course of action is to talk to a personal injury lawyer from Wilson and Kinsman, LLC, a reputable Elkhart IN law office.
What are the Common Injuries Obtained Due to Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor cuts and bruises to serious and life-threatening injuries. Some of the most common injuries obtained due to distracted driving include
- Whiplash: This is a common injury in car accidents and occurs when the neck is suddenly and forcefully jolted forward and then back. It can result in pain, stiffness, and reduced mobility in the neck.
- Concussions: A concussion is a type of traumatic brain injury that occurs when the brain is jolted or shaken within the skull. It can result in symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and confusion.
- Broken bones: High-speed collisions can cause broken bones, such as arms, legs, or ribs.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can result in partial or complete paralysis.
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma can cause internal injuries, such as damage to organs or internal bleeding.
- Psychological injuries: Car accidents can also result in psychological injuries such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. You should also contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you understand your legal rights and options for seeking compensation for your injuries.
Call our Elkhart IN Distracted Driving Attorney Now!
Are you or a loved one dealing with the aftermath of a distracted driving accident? The physical, emotional, and financial impact of such accidents can be overwhelming. But you don’t have to face this alone. Accidents often happen on the road, and most of these are caused by distracted driving. Distracted driving can cause an array of serious injuries and even wrongful death. Penalties range from fines to suspension of your driver’s license, so if you’re dealing with distracted driving, it’s best to call an attorney immediately.
At Wilson and Kinsman, LLC, we know how challenging it is to deal with medical bills, lost wages, and the emotional toll of such accidents. That’s why we’re here to help you navigate the legal process and get the compensation you deserve.
Our experienced distracted driving attorneys in Elkhart, IN, can review your case from all angles and ensure that your rights are protected. We’ll fight for your best interests, whether it’s negotiating with insurance companies or taking your case to trial.
Don’t wait to get the help you need. Contact us now to schedule a consultation with one of our skilled attorneys. We’re here to help you get the justice you deserve and move forward from this traumatic experience.